Hey everyone, today I’m sharing the tutorial for the Spiky Houseplant that will soon be in the Silhouette Design Store. This design works with both the CAMEO & Portrait. Let’s get started!
1. Cut out the file using your Silhouette. I used a textured green cardstock. Peel the pieces off, and fold horizontally on the scoreline.
2. Take the tabs on the bottom of the shape, and fold them inwards so they overlap.
3. Place adhesive of your choice on one of the flaps. Make sure it’s closer to the horizontal score line, rather than the outside edge.
4. Fold the two flaps together so they stick. Repeat steps 1-4 for all of your pieces.
5. Now it’s time to arrange your pieces. I used the cut lines from my ‘printable pot’ file, found here, for the pot. You can also use a small pot you have on hand, like a terracotta or a ceramic one. It’s pretty easy, simply place adhesive on the bottoms of your pieces, and arrange them in the bottom on the pot. Use a pencil to push down the bases to make sure they’re stuck. I like to arrange them without adhesive first, to get a simple idea of how it’ll look. You can see how mine kind of interlock in the photo above. Once you’ve done that, you’re done! Place it on a shelf or a desk & enjoy!
If you have any questions, feel free to comment or shoot me an email!